The Pitaya flower is a cactus flower of the genus Hylocereus. Actually pitaya is the fruit. This fruit is known under the name dragon fruit too. These plants are native to Mexico and Central and South America. The fruits are eaten raw without skin, just the flesh inside. It has small seeds similar to kiwi. The taste of the fruit is mild sweet. There are three types of this cactus – Hylocereus undatus (red pitaya/red skin-white flesh), Hylocereus costaricensis (Costa Rica pitaya/red skin-red flesh) and Hylocereus megalanthus (yellow pitay/yellow skin-white flesh). The pitayas are good source of vitamin C, lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
Photo Credit: Eran Finkle (CC BY 2.0)
When someone say word summer you will imagine sun, watter, etc. For me, the first conjunction with the summer, is the smell of phlox flowers and apricots. There is about 67 different species of this flower out there. Some of them are few centimeters long and some are about one meter long. Which species you put into your garden depends on your preferences and the location but without a doubt phloxes should have permanent placement in your garden. Phlox can have purple, pink, violet, white or yellow color and should be planted on partial sun location with well-drained soil. Whichever species you choose, its smell is irresistible.
Photo credit: MorgueFile
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- 5 Incredibly Simple Ways To Pick The Right Color For Your Leather Furniture
- How To Take The Best Promotional Photos To Make Your Products Look Amazing
- Clutter – 6 Ways to Avoid It
- When Can Your Genuine Marriage Be Considered Fraud?
- Dads Against Drunk Driving Review For Fathers
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society