There are plenty of things about being young that older men probably don’t want to relive: eating ramen noodles every other meal, living with five roommates who never do any cleaning, and nursing hangovers that would kill a water buffalo. Picking up hobbies and activities from yesteryear, however, not only helps you feel young at heart but helps to extend your life, especially if these hobbies are of a physical nature. Here’s how can you get back to feeling like your younger self even if you have kids of your own:
Now That You’ve Won The Superbowl…
There are a few places on planet Earth that can be called a fountain of youth, but first and foremost on the list must be Disneyland (or Disneyworld, whichever you live closest to). These theme parks ignite the emotions and imaginations of hundreds of millions of kids all over the world every year. Feel like a kid again while ensuring your own kids enjoy the time spent on rides and attractions.
Get Ready To Ride
Everyone remembers their first car and a few lucky souls remember their first motorcycle. If you were a speed freak before you saw your first insurance bill, re-living your time spent on the back of a cruiser or a sport bike helps you to feel like a teenager with no cares in the world all over again. Buy a new bike or upgrade your old ride with parts from an online motorcycle store while planning an extensive trek (such as the I-25 front range route running from New Mexico to Montana). Get brand-specific parts and accessories for your bike to ensure it runs well.
Pick Up A Ball
Perhaps you’ve got an old letter jacket in the back of your wardrobe, or a few Little League trophies gathering dust in your attic. Whatever the case, playing a sport again helps you feel invigorated and active, especially if you have a desk job that demands no more effort than taking the stairs each day. Search for sports teams and clubs near you through social sites like Meetup.com in order to find a team in need of an ace quarterback, pitcher, or goalie like yourself. Many have age-specific groups that let you compete on an even footing with your own age bracket.
Play A Game
Maybe you grew up when Mario and Sonic competed for audiences; maybe you remember when Pong first hit TV screens. Nearly everyone has a memory of playing video games as a kid, mashing down on buttons and joysticks with their siblings to come out ahead. Search for retro arcade games on directory sites like Yelp.com, bring a fistful of quarters, and take a trip back in time with Space Invaders or Mortal Kombat. Challenge your friends like you did in yesteryear to get the highest score.
Outdoor Areas: Making it Livable Space
Most people take basic steps to maintain their lawn such as ensuring that the grass is cut on a regular basis. However, if you truly want to get the most out of your yard, it is important to take additional steps to help turn it into more of a livable space. After all, if you simply have a well-cut lawn without any other touches such as trees and plants, your yard is not going to feel very welcoming, especially on a sunny day. Therefore, you should consult with a professional lawn care company to help turn your lawn into an environment that your family enjoys utilizing.
Tips for Turning Your Yard into a Livable Space
1. Remove all of the Weeds - There are several reasons to ensure that your lawn is weeded on a regular basis. After all, weeds will make your lawn less aesthetically pleasing, and they can also be painful to step on. Therefore, if you have children or enjoy walking around your property barefoot, it is definitely a good idea to ensure that you do not have weeds.
If you are unsure of what is a weed and what is not, there are companies like Arbor-Nomics, Inc. that can help you to treat the weeds and point out which ones they are targeting.
2. Aerating - If you want to have the fullest and greenest grass on the block, you will need to take several steps to improve your lawn’s health. Aerating is one of the most important things to consider because it allows fertilizers, oxygen, water and several other essential nutrients to penetrate the soil more easily, and this will ensure that the roots of your grass stay as strong as possible.
3. Plant Trees - Trees provide a natural source of shade that will make it much easier to enjoy your lawn on hot summer days. Additionally, the style of trees that you select will let you change the entire appearance of your lawn. Because of this, most homeowners choose to have at least one tree on their property, but it will be important to take steps to ensure that your trees are properly maintained so that they stay healthy and do not cause any expensive issues.
4. Plants, Flowers and Shrubs - Just like trees, decorating your lawn with plants, flowers and shrubs will enhance its appearance, and this will make the area more inviting for your family and guests. Consider for example how much more pleasant it would be to have a backyard barbecue with your closest friends if everyone had pretty flowers and plants to look at instead of just grass. Therefore, you should take the time to put these decorative touches in place, and you should also make sure that they are given the necessary amount of water and pruning to help them thrive.
Once you have put all of the necessary additions in place, your family is certain to find it much more enjoyable to spend time in the yard. However, it is important to note that the area will need to be maintained on a regular basis to keep it in good shape. Fortunately, you can outsource this time-consuming task to a lawn care company.
Researcher Melanie Fleury enjoys spending nice days outdoors with her four kids, 2 dogs, cat and tortoise. Her yard is a well-used outdoor room that her entire family can enjoy. If you do not have a green thumb, there are lawn service companies like Arbor-Nomics, Inc. that can help to rid your lawn of weeds, bugs and overgrown shrub so that you can enjoy the outdoors while the weather remains nice.
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregslandscaping/5012587581/
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society