Okinawa is probably best known for martial arts, especially karate. Okinawa capital city is Naha (Naafa in Japanese). There are together eleven cities in Okinawa Prefecture with many town. Around the island are unique coral reefs and caves. What is so great for tourists is that temperatures stay above 20 °C over the whole year. Okinawan people live longer than people anywhere in the world, probably its the combination of their low-fat and low-salt diet with minimal stress and wonderful nature.
Photo Credit: Ricardo Mangual
An 8.9 magnitude earthquake has hit northeastern coast at Honsu, Japan today at Friday, March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC.
The impact of this quake resulted in a 10 meter tsunami wave.
The wave had impact on the boats and houses near the coast.
A massive oil refinery fire has broken out in Chiba prefecture. Tokyo, which is hundreds of kilometers away, still caught impact from quake, resulted in falling things from shelves.
Japanese ordered the precautionary evacuation of a nuclear Fukushima plant affected by the earthquake, there were some problems with cooling the reactor. About 4 million homes had no power in Tokyo and surrounding areas. Burning fires has been reported at atleast 80 places.
Picture: AP / Kyodo News
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- 5 Incredibly Simple Ways To Pick The Right Color For Your Leather Furniture
- How To Take The Best Promotional Photos To Make Your Products Look Amazing
- Clutter – 6 Ways to Avoid It
- When Can Your Genuine Marriage Be Considered Fraud?
- Dads Against Drunk Driving Review For Fathers
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society