There are only a few days left before it is Christmas Eve again. By this time, you should have your home dressed up for the holiday season and oozing with Christmas spirit. If you have not decorated your home yet and are tired of the usual, mediocre Christmas decorations, then here are some ideas to get your home in the holiday mood. You do not want your home looking like the “Grinch” of your neighborhood.
The Dominant Colors of Christmas
The dominant colors of Christmas are green, red, gold, silver, and white. There are meanings behind these colors.
- Green is said to represent nature and hope. When the land is covered with the whiteness of snow, green represents life, a new beginning, and hope.
- Red, on the other hand, symbolizes the blood Jesus shed for all mankind, so it speaks of love and warmth.
- Gold speaks of wealth and of good health.
- Silver not only signifies wealth like gold does, but it also represents clarity, perseverance, and brightness.
- White represents cleanliness as well as purity.
Remember these colors when decorating your home for the holiday season. You will be using the traditional colors of Christmas, yes, but it is in the way you use them that will make your home Christmas decorations unique.
Glam Up Your Deck
When decorating your home, do not forget your deck. It is, after all, one of the parts of your home that people will first see, so you need to give it that holiday spirit as well. Of course, before you decorate it, you need to give it a good washing. You can scrub it clean or use a power washer to wash away the dirt and grime. You can rent a power washer if you do not have one. Find out more about power washer rentals online or visit your local hardware and see if they offer tool rental services.
Once your deck is clean, you can now give it that holiday cheer. Hang a wicker basket on the walls as well as the front door, but instead of using the usual Christmas decors, use red, yellow, and white flowers instead. Their green leaves will complete the whole Christmas look. You can use fake flowers if you want, since fresh flowers can be pretty expensive.
Do not forget to wrap the deck railing with the same decorations, too, for a continuation of the Christmas theme. It is also a great idea to put out Christmas lanterns decorated with the Christmas colors on the deck.
Glam up Your Mailbox
You should also decorate your mailbox with a topper made up juniper, moss, as well as fir for the greens and rosemary, lavender, and pansies for the other Christmas colors. Add some gold and silver Christmas balls to complete the look, and tie a red and gold ribbon around the mailbox. A decorated mailbox is a great way to greet people a Merry Christmas.
Glam Up the Interior of Your Home
Instead of using the usual Christmas ornaments for your home, why not hang pictures of your family instead. You can paste them on shimmery colorful cards, thread Christmas ribbons on top of the card, and hang them on your Christmas tree. You can also add some small handicrafts and artworks that your children made for the holiday season.
Jennifer Daniels is a writer for home blogs. She shares DIY tips for decorating homes.
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- What Do Hotels In Denmark Have On Offer
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society