Outdoor Areas: Making it Livable Space
Most people take basic steps to maintain their lawn such as ensuring that the grass is cut on a regular basis. However, if you truly want to get the most out of your yard, it is important to take additional steps to help turn it into more of a livable space. After all, if you simply have a well-cut lawn without any other touches such as trees and plants, your yard is not going to feel very welcoming, especially on a sunny day. Therefore, you should consult with a professional lawn care company to help turn your lawn into an environment that your family enjoys utilizing.
Tips for Turning Your Yard into a Livable Space
1. Remove all of the Weeds - There are several reasons to ensure that your lawn is weeded on a regular basis. After all, weeds will make your lawn less aesthetically pleasing, and they can also be painful to step on. Therefore, if you have children or enjoy walking around your property barefoot, it is definitely a good idea to ensure that you do not have weeds.
If you are unsure of what is a weed and what is not, there are companies like Arbor-Nomics, Inc. that can help you to treat the weeds and point out which ones they are targeting.
2. Aerating - If you want to have the fullest and greenest grass on the block, you will need to take several steps to improve your lawn’s health. Aerating is one of the most important things to consider because it allows fertilizers, oxygen, water and several other essential nutrients to penetrate the soil more easily, and this will ensure that the roots of your grass stay as strong as possible.
3. Plant Trees - Trees provide a natural source of shade that will make it much easier to enjoy your lawn on hot summer days. Additionally, the style of trees that you select will let you change the entire appearance of your lawn. Because of this, most homeowners choose to have at least one tree on their property, but it will be important to take steps to ensure that your trees are properly maintained so that they stay healthy and do not cause any expensive issues.
4. Plants, Flowers and Shrubs - Just like trees, decorating your lawn with plants, flowers and shrubs will enhance its appearance, and this will make the area more inviting for your family and guests. Consider for example how much more pleasant it would be to have a backyard barbecue with your closest friends if everyone had pretty flowers and plants to look at instead of just grass. Therefore, you should take the time to put these decorative touches in place, and you should also make sure that they are given the necessary amount of water and pruning to help them thrive.
Once you have put all of the necessary additions in place, your family is certain to find it much more enjoyable to spend time in the yard. However, it is important to note that the area will need to be maintained on a regular basis to keep it in good shape. Fortunately, you can outsource this time-consuming task to a lawn care company.
Researcher Melanie Fleury enjoys spending nice days outdoors with her four kids, 2 dogs, cat and tortoise. Her yard is a well-used outdoor room that her entire family can enjoy. If you do not have a green thumb, there are lawn service companies like Arbor-Nomics, Inc. that can help to rid your lawn of weeds, bugs and overgrown shrub so that you can enjoy the outdoors while the weather remains nice.
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregslandscaping/5012587581/
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- What Do Hotels In Denmark Have On Offer
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society