Many homeowners are constantly looking for ways to save space, while adding attractive elements to their homes. Mirrors, paint, furnishings and window treatments are all common ways to achieve that, so why not opt for a more unique and functional piece instead if you are thinking about sprucing up your home? Sliding barn doors are jazzy functional pieces that offer an easy solution to saving space and adding style to your living room. What makes them unique is that these doors are typically seen in barns and garages and never indoors. When they are used inside a home, these doors keep living spaces airy while adding rustic charm, thus making them quite popular in many homes these days.
The Benefits Of Having Sliding Doors In Your Living Room
A standard swinging door can take up plenty of space compared to a sliding door and this makes it difficult for homeowners to decide on the placement of furniture. Fortunately, sliding doors are eye catching pieces while saving up space too. But they also offer an array of benefits that encourage homeowners to consider replacing their swinging doors with sliding barn doors.
Here are some benefits that sliding barn doors offer -
Style And Elegance
Sliding barn doors can add some style and elegance to your living room, while enhancing its appearance. They offer the impression that there are no barriers between rooms and provide character in your home.
These sliding barn doors allow privacy as a partition, but they can also create space within a larger space without having to alter structure or adding structure.
Having sliding barn doors installed in your living room is very easy to do. You do not have to make any extra alteration since these doors will be hung on a surface mounted railing system just above the original opening. Better yet, the sliding mechanism will not even take up much space at all.
Most sliding barn doors are custom made, while other homeowners prefer to make their own barn sliding doors for their homes. They can be made in any style with an array of designs and colors, as well as textures. Whatever their design, texture, color and style, they can be installed anywhere such as bathrooms, hallways, kitchens, bedrooms, closets and family rooms.
Where You Can Use Sliding Barn Doors
If you are wondering where to use sliding barn doors in your home, these tips may be useful to you. Just be sure to find the right design, style, color and door accessories that will suit each room.
- Bedroom - Sliding doors can create open and airy spaces without blocking pathways during the day and they can be closed for the night when privacy is needed.
- Living Room - Sliding doors take lesser space compared to swinging doors since you can leave them open and close them when needed.
- Laundry Room - Sliding rooms are useful to hide laundry rooms and storage rooms, but they can also be used to liven up these rooms and prevent the cramped feeling.
- Kitchen - Sliding doors can be used to keep the pantry or washing machine hidden. An outdoor kitchen can become an enclosed space with the doors too.
Valerie Kandria is a freelance writer specializing in home design and custom made furnishings. She offers advice on how to create extra spaces and add style to a cramped home, and recommends Basin Custom for custom made sliding doors and furnishings.
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- What Do Hotels In Denmark Have On Offer
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society