Barcelona on a Budget: How to Plan for the Best Trip Ever
Visiting Barcelona on a budget doesn’t mean you have to count every penny you spend. With a little organization and planning, you can experience the foods, sights and cultures of this vibrant region. Before you leave on your trip, you can research the area to see if there are any discounts or coupons that will be helpful once you arrive at your destination.
How to Get Around
a) Shuttle Services - You can blaze a trail around many of the most scenic sites and eateries with little to no cost in Barcelona. You can start by taking Barcelona transportation from airport shuttles through the beautiful busy streets of this fair city. This is a reasonably inexpensive mode of transportation and easily gets you where you want to go promptly.
For sites that are further out, you can take the shuttle bus or Metro. An affordable option would be to purchase a pass to get around to locations that are far away. Before purchasing, you’ll want to tally up the costs to see which one is most affordable.
b) Walking Tours - When it comes to sightseeing, you should pack a good pair of walking shoes, so you can easily traverse some of the most popular attractions. Fortunately, the city is compact and accessible by foot. On the way to your destination, you can lay witness to the culture and excitement of this majestic place.
How to Dine
a) Breakfast – You should do a little research beforehand in order to save money on eateries when traveling around Barcelona. The local coffee house or breakfast bar can garner lower prices when you know how to order. The set breakfast includes a beverage and toast and can be substantially lower than ordering the items on their own.
b) Lunch - The locals make their lunch time meal the primary one and many restaurants and cafes have special menus to choose from. Depending on the place you venture into, the establishment could offer three courses and a beverage for a set price. This is extremely affordable and a lot less expensive than dining out in the evening. You can ask the residents for recommendations and venture off the normal tourist paths for a better price on food.
c) Dinner – Dinner is generally served from 9pm to 11pm in Barcelona. Tapas bars are a chic, yet simple way to go on your Spanish vacation. Tapas are small finger foods that can be served either hot or cold. Tapas tours are a very popular way to see the city and fill up on the town. In addition, it can be very cost effective.
How to Enjoy the Attractions and Activities
- When traveling around Barcelona, you can check with the Internet and other local listings to see the free or reduced price offerings on things to see and do.
- Traveling around the first Sunday of the month can be less costly because many museums offer free entrance on those particular days. The Picasso Museum, Catalonian National Art Museum and Parc del Laberint d’Horta’s hedge maze and garden offer free entrance, but you need to check the days and times first.
- The city affords other options that are budget-friendly such as taking it easy on the beach by the Mediterranean Sea, attending mass at a local cathedral and watching people go about their busy lives along the La Rambla.
Traveling to Barcelona can be a costly adventure with airfare, eateries and hotels factored into the equation. However, you can enjoy the sites and attractions and stay on a budget when you choose your accommodations wisely, take advantage of the free attractions and eat where the locals dine.
Jamica Bell is a blogger and freelance writer who enjoys travel and new adventures. She contributes this article to highlight the practicality of traveling abroad on a budget. Shuttle Direct’s Barcelona transportation from airport service has made it easier for tourist looking to travel on a budget.
Tags: Spanish vacation
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society