The Pitaya flower is a cactus flower of the genus Hylocereus. Actually pitaya is the fruit. This fruit is known under the name dragon fruit too. These plants are native to Mexico and Central and South America. The fruits are eaten raw without skin, just the flesh inside. It has small seeds similar to kiwi. The taste of the fruit is mild sweet. There are three types of this cactus – Hylocereus undatus (red pitaya/red skin-white flesh), Hylocereus costaricensis (Costa Rica pitaya/red skin-red flesh) and Hylocereus megalanthus (yellow pitay/yellow skin-white flesh). The pitayas are good source of vitamin C, lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
Photo Credit: Eran Finkle (CC BY 2.0)
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society