Ghost Town of Rhyolite is located at the edge of Death Valley in the Bullfrog Hills, 190 km away from Las Vegas city. Rhyolite was a mining town during gold strike from 1905 to 1910. After this period, as of 1919, Rhyolite was already a ghost town. Many buildings in this town were built from permanent materials so the parts of buildings are standing even today. Example of this buildings are Tom Kelly’s Bottle House, Las Vegas and Tonapah Railroad Depot or Cook Bank.
Ghost Town of Rhyolite
Photo Credit: Ken Lund (CC BY-SA 2.0)
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society