A latex is a natural rubber which is produced from a tree called Hevea Brasiliensis. By perforation of laticifers, the latex flows down the tree into the collection containers. The latex has very good tensile properties and tear resistance but has poor resistance to ozone, oxygen, sunlight and heat. The protein in the latex can sometimes cause an allergic reaction when used by some people. But thanks to its tear resistance it is still used for a such nice latex dresses, in medicine, as balloons or as condoms.
Photo Credit: Markus Ram (CC BY-ND 2.0)
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society