Hippocrates from the Greek island of Kos (Cos) is known for his medical knowledge and is considered as the founder of the medicine and the father of Western medicine. He was one of first who understood that illness is not caused by some Gods or superstition but as results of external natural factors. He was born in Kos in 460 BC. You can see photos from todays Cos bellow. His work resulted in the Hippocratic Corpus which contains around 70 medical works. And never forget what Hippocrates said: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”.
Photo Credit: Bazylek
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society