An 8.9 magnitude earthquake has hit northeastern coast at Honsu, Japan today at Friday, March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC.
The impact of this quake resulted in a 10 meter tsunami wave.
The wave had impact on the boats and houses near the coast.
A massive oil refinery fire has broken out in Chiba prefecture. Tokyo, which is hundreds of kilometers away, still caught impact from quake, resulted in falling things from shelves.
Japanese ordered the precautionary evacuation of a nuclear Fukushima plant affected by the earthquake, there were some problems with cooling the reactor. About 4 million homes had no power in Tokyo and surrounding areas. Burning fires has been reported at atleast 80 places.
Picture: AP / Kyodo News
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society