Haile Gebrselassie was born in Ethiopia on April 18, 1973. He grow up in family of ten children. What is the best on his life story and what every marathon runner know, is that he everyday ran 10 km to school with books in his hand and evenings runned back the same distance long. That has still impact on his left hand movement technique. But be honest, when I would have at least 50% of such pose running technique like he has, I would be overall happy.
Because Haile won so many championships, I will mention just the most impressive ones. If you preffer Olympic games gold medals, than he won two on 10000m long distance run – in Atlanta (1996) and in Sydney (2000).
If you preffer world records than all you have to remember is the following: Year 2008 – Berlin Marathon and magic time: 2:03:59.
That is half of mine time. But that is good news, I have a lot of space for improvement;)
Haile annouced retirement after New York City Marathon in 2010 because of problems with his knee. I assume that he has reconsidered his opinion and we can meet him on Vienna City Marathon 2011 on 21.1K (I am already training to catch him;) and on 2012 London Olympics. Keep running.
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society