Each year, the annual illumination event is held by Kobe City to commemorate survivors from the Great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake of the year 1995.
The earthquake measured 7.2 magnitude and was the biggest to hit Japan in last 47 years.
At least 200 people were found dead and about 13,000 were injured by this earthquake. The epicentre was 15 miles (24km) below the island of Awajisima, 20 miles (32km) from the city of Kobe.
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- 5 Incredibly Simple Ways To Pick The Right Color For Your Leather Furniture
- How To Take The Best Promotional Photos To Make Your Products Look Amazing
- Clutter – 6 Ways to Avoid It
- When Can Your Genuine Marriage Be Considered Fraud?
- Dads Against Drunk Driving Review For Fathers
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society