The Cherry Valley duck came from the same duck farm in Cadnam as the famous four-legged Stumpy.
Owners Steph, 25, and Tony Tufft, 35, adopted the confused duck when she was only 8 weeks old.
Tony, a boat builder, said their unusual pet has been amusing people by acting like a dog since her arrival at their home in the Charminster area of the town.
He said: “We are known throughout Charminster. People come out of bars to see her. They love it.
“She doesn’t know she’s a duck. She must think she’s a dog.
“She goes up to other dogs. People can’t understand it and the dogs are really confused as well.
“We even had to buy Essy her own lead, after getting strange looks from people who thought we were duck-napping.”
His wife Steph added: “It’s as if Brad Pitt was walking on the lead, the amount of people that come out.”
The couple said their dogs are very protective of Essy and walk on either side of her when they go out for walks.
And although Essy has a bedroom of her own in the airing cupboard of the couple’s home, she prefers to sleep with the dogs.
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- What Do Hotels In Denmark Have On Offer
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society