The former home of Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace in Miami Beach has opened its doors to the public
Slowly, 1116 Ocean Drive opened its doors, first as an invitation-only private club, then allowing non-members to stay in its ornate rooms, and now to the masses – or at least anyone willing to plunk down $US65 ($A95.22) for a tour.
The home is full of tapestries, sculptures and paintings. The smell of fresh flowers and sound of classical music fills the air
While the downstairs of the home is exquisite, whether it’s worth the price of the tour depends on your interest in art and architecture, your desire to gain access to an exclusive place, and your level of disposable income
Pass through the limestone arch, into the courtyard of Casa Casuarina, and the fuss all makes sense. The trickle of water from a fountain, the shift of clouds above, the tickle of Atlantic breezes – the simple beauty of each is enhanced by the home’s lavishness.
Every inch of this place, every detail, is full of thought and history and detail. And yet it feels intimate and generally not over-the-top.
One Comment to “Peek inside Versace’s lavish home”
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society