Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque
Built: 1958 Cost: USD $5,000,000 Type: Holy place Observation deck: Yes Location: Kampong Ayer, Bandar Seri Begawan (formerly Brunei Town)
It sits on an artificial lagoon near the Brunei River in Kampong Ayer, which is appropriately enough, known as a “water village.”
A structure in the water that resembles a ship was at one time used for official state ceremonies.
The mosque is the largest in the Far East, and considered among the most beautiful in the world. It reaches a height of 52 meters and is topped with a gold dome supported by walls of Italian marble, which also forms the mosque’s columns, arches, and towers.
The stained glass was hand made in England and the carpets are Saudi Arabian
- Luxury Caravan with Mercedes SLK Inside
- Mind Control
- 18 Of The Best Places To Swim With Sharks
- 7 Of The Most Stunning Castles In Europe And Beyond
- England countryside
- Are Cheap Web Hosting Services Worth the Price?
- The Amazing World of Pigeons
- Welcome Spring with Crocus Flowers
- Essential Skills For The Future
- Make Some Brand-New Good Old Days: Living Your Youth Again
- Arts and Design
- Featured Articles
- People and Society